BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, January 13, 2012

a few updates

So I've now been in Spain a few days and I must say it's been quite an adjustment.
My roommate Miranda and I live in a small apartment with a lady named Blanca Flores. Blanca is very nice lady but it seems as if we are more like boarders than part of a family. There is another girl here too from Taiwan which is really quite funny because some way or another I always have an Asian roommate. Only when I lived in Florida did I not have an asian roommate, but I worked with Asians for about 10 hours a day so I think that counts too :)

The culture here kind of reminds me of divergent evolution. Dumb analogy They're pretty similar to our own, but with little quirks that throw you off sometimes. Everyone here wears some kind of neutral color. Whenever I see someone who isn't wearing something other than black, beige, brown or blue I almost always do a double take because I'm so surprised. On the train to Madrid today I saw a lady dressed in complete beige. It's such a beautiful country with so much history but the way the people dress is kind of depressing. They also all smoke, so I don't know if it's just me but they all seem to have an unhealthy yellow tint to them.
We had our first class yesterday and I sat through the whole thing thinking "why on earth did I do this to myself". I decided to take the literature class rather than the architecture class because in a moment of weakness I decided I should do something challenging for me. It's kind of unnerving to sit through a class where your teacher keeps saying as he goes through the syllabus "o by the way Haley, you'll probably hate this too". Great. And there's only 5 people in the class, so no fluffing this one.
So far this seems like a really depressing blog post. I'm really sorry. My next post will be much happier, promise! Madrid is wonderful, really it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment